Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Outfit

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was Mother's Day and this year we left our cozy Los Angeles studio to drive up to my boyfriend's hometown to visit his mother. When dressing to visit a significant other's parents it can be tricky and it is important to be modest and clean. However, it is crucial not to lose one's personal style in the process. When choosing an outfit for this trip I opted for all white attire that looked casual yet chic. 





White Button Down: DEB; White Denim Skort: Thrifted, Goodwill; White Belt: Thrifted, Goodwill; Platform Wedges: Thrifted.
I went for a sheer button down to keep the outfit breezy and classic in the California weather. The skort thrifted from Goodwill is about 3-4 inches longer than a mini skirt and not tight giving a nice bell shape without being form fitting. This really gives the look a informal yet modest feel with the all white keeping the outfit stylish and crisp.





I used a white belt with gold hardware to cinch in my waist and to add some shine to the outfit. I went with a light brown platform wedge to elongate my legs, keep the look dressed down, and add some height. I'm not a big accessory girl so I wore dainty diamond studs under my big hair. However, you could definitely style this look up with a statement necklace, some stacked bracelets or, statement earrings if you're wearing your hair up. I wouldn't suggest too many accessories to keep the casual minimalist look I was going for. This look is great for the fashionista that has trouble toning it down without looking slouchy. 


Thank you for reading, have a beautiful and blessed day. Also, happy belated Mother's Day to all of the moms out there.


>_< Tilly.

5 comments:

  1. Nice article...I look forward to seeing what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My new post will be up very soon.

      Delete
    2. I apologize if you cannot read my replies and I am working on fixing that.

      Delete
  2. so cute! Love the all white with nude sandals!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I would love to read your blog. Also, I'm sorry in advanced if you cannot read my reply.

      Delete

.comments-content .user{font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;color:#000}